Thread: fortune cookies
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 AM

Curiously, after reading this thread and posting yesterday afternoon from the office, I met my girlfriend for dinner at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. Dinner was excellent, but at the end, lo and behold, the guy gave us fortune cookies. I pushed back the two he'd offered me, but my girlfriend expressed that she wanted to take them home, and since I'd refused them, he laid down two more

I lovingly told her that just today I had been reading about them, and related the Deuteronomy 18 passage. In typical worldy fashion she put them in her bag anyways. Later on when I was collecting the bags and coats for us to leave, I took the fortune cookies back out and placed them on the table, without saying a word, giving her a second chance to think about it, knowing she'd have the choice to take them again, after my comments had been voiced.

Sure enough, she saw them there, silently thought about it, then left them there.
I wish I could tell you all just how much the Lord has been working in her life lately. She used to refuse any sort of doctrine, advice, guidance or admonition if it had anything spiritual about it. But the Lord is slowly opening her eyes, and her heart.

I just thought I'd post this here, partly to praise and thank the Lord, even for the little things, and partly to encourage others to not neglect the small opportunities we have to please our Saviour.