Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I believe you. The problem is that you have put yourself at odds with how God wants you to study the Bible.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
It's no surprise that nearly every modern translation of the Bible, other than the KJV, completely corrupts this verse. Without right division, you are left with a contradictory mass of confusion and harmonization and and allegory. Of course Satan has had this command deleted from modern translations of the Bibles. It leaves the believer with no clear grasp on Scripture -- left trying to reconcile verses that clearly teach different things. It's all rather sad to me.
I do not discredit any verse of the Holy Bible, not even your often spoken of 2 Timothy 2:15. The issue I have is that the Dispensational camp thinks that if one doesn't divide the Scriptures in the way they do then they're wrong at best. I just wish that Chette and others would accept the fact that others have spent time in the Holy Bible as well and have come to a different conclusion about what constitutes a correct division of Scriptures. Jesus Christ IS Lord (and I personally show my love for Him by doing my best to obey his commands) of all that truly believe that He is the Son of God, whom God raised from the dead. Can't we meet in peace knowing that we all here are His servants? Can I exist on these forums (with my humble understanding of Scriptures) without certain individuals constantly telling me that I'm wrongly dividing the Scriptures? I've said it many times, I don't agree with the dispensational approach to things, and I would love not to have it shoved down my throat at ever statement I make. I know you guys think you're right, and that it is your duty to show me how I am wrong, but know that I sure don't appreciate being told constantly that I am wrongly dividing the Word of Truth. Know that I sincerely don't see it this way; that I have always opted for a literal interpretation of Scriptures, and that I pray and seek to be guided always in Truth in Spirit. *sigh* Sorry if I sound a bit miffed but I feel like I'm surrounded lately. I got the Hebrew roots people, the Catholics, the diet-Catholics, and now those I once took comfort in (the KJB believers) telling me I'm wrong. I am truly tired of being wrong. I thank my great God that He is right, and that He has preserved His Words for me to klinge to in a world of darkness. Forgive my ramblings...

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen