Thread: Fundies
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 AM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDOC View Post
Are you KJV-Only guys fundamentalists?

The term fundamentalist, or "fundy" is often used in a derogitory sense to identify a Christian that believes they have a copy of the pure,preserved and inspired word of God, generally by a Christian that prefers to point to the "original autographs" as the only inspired and preserved writings that ever existed.

This position by the "OAO" ( original autographs only) Christian forces them to, correctly, admit that their chosen non- KJB bible contains errors and mistakes. This in turn leads them to sneer at those Christians KJBO Christains and call them "fundamentalists".

It appearsto me, though, if you use the argument presented by the OAO people themselves,that even these precious original autographs were no more reliable than the copies we have today.That being, as copies were made, mistakes HAD to have crept into the text.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Anyone reading their Bible will soon see that much of time the prophets SPOKE the words given by God, and a scribe wrote them down, making even the very first WRITTEN copies of scripture a work of regular mistake prone men.

So using the "copies are not reliable because men copied them down" argument also has to be applied to the "original autographs" as well. Oh well, I guess they can always take the "inspiration of the original spoken word" position....shame no one alive today was there to hear them...

Talk about building a house upon the sand!

Just call me a fundamentalist, I take it as a compliment