View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWHALEN View Post
This is the only time we are successful-anything we do apart from Christ doing it in us and through us for God's glory is nothing. "I" is not the issue. The issue is spreading His glory. Notice that in glorifying/magnifying God, Paul found a worthy reason for living that transcended death, and tells us, in no uncertain terms, that glorifying God should be the goal of our life.

You cannot have a relationship with God unless you know Him. Think on this. How can I have a relationship with my dad if I do not know him? How can I have a relationship with my Brothers and sisters in Christ, if I do not know them? I cannot. Likewise, I cannot have a relationship with God if I do not know Him. And you cannot know the LORD God apart from His revelation of Himself in the written word, and the revelation of Himself in the living word-the Lord Jesus Christ.

I ask all believers, and non-believers: "What is your priority"? What do you delight in? What do you find yourself talking about the most? What do you orient your life around? What is it, or who is it, that determines your activities? Who is the object of your love? Is the answer the LORD God?

In Christ and with Christ,
In the Lord,

John M. Whalen
Thanks Brother John. I get it. It's the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote:
What is it, or who is it, that determines your activities? Who is the object of your love? Is the answer the LORD God?