View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Amen, biblereader, Brother Tim and Jassy

It seems we are on the road to fascism in this country. I won't fight it outside of "the system" lest I be fighting against the Lord. It seems clear to me that the Lord is judging this nation for the magnitude of innocent blood shed on this land. Just like Britain before us, we as a nation have turned away from the light of the Gospel of Christ toward humanism and paganism and occultism.

I absolutely agree with Jassy's assessment. Yet, I don't want to suffer, I hope the Lord comes back today to take us out of this world! We may end up seeing how great things we too must suffer for His name's sake. I never in my wildest imagination thought things would move downhill as quickly as they are in the US and Europe.

Jassy, thanks for the VOM link. I agree with you so closely on just about everything you've written, so far! Praise God!
greenbear,

It is a pleasure to have you for a sister in our Lord! I have been uplifted, encouraged, enlightened, and edified by many of your posts.

I don't want to suffer either, but we can't place ourselves in a little cocoon and say that we are MORE BLESSED and won't have to suffer. We are currently experiencing protection... but it looks like that is quickly changing and I have prepared myself to face possible persecution for my faith. We need to pray to remain strong in the Lord, no matter what happens. I've seen so many Christians that brush-off or easily dismiss persecution of Christians in other parts of the world, assuming that it doesn't apply to them and that they are simply immune, by some unwritten "spiritual protection."

We are promised BLESSINGS if we obey. But do Christians really understand that those blessings are not MATERIAL ones? They are SPIRITUAL. Paul even said to count it all JOY when you suffer things for the Lord's name sake! That's considered a BLESSING!!!!!

Why does the Bible tell us that we need to put on armor, if there's not going to be a battle and persecution? We haven't YET had to suffer persecution.

Why didn't the Lord take out the apostles in a rapture before they had to suffer?

Why doesn't the Lord take out the people worldwide who are suffering cruel brutality daily for their faithful BELIEF in the Lord?

It isn't promised, until it gets REALLY BAD and there are almost no true Christians left! (A remnant) The others will deny our Lord when it comes to a crucial test (remember Peter who denied Jesus 3 times!).

We truly need to be PREPARED!!

Jassy