View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
I must have not made myself clear in regards to your statement above, because I tried to clarify (in my last Post) that I wasn't saying that Atheists or Agnostics were ever Apostates. What I tried to convey is that an Apostate often has a whole lot in common with Atheists and Agnostics.

I believe, like you, that true Atheists and Agnostics are not Apostates, since they never fell away from any thing.

Sorry for the long posts. Like I said before, if we had the opportunity (which I would truly relish) to meet face to face we would have "hashed this issue out" in less than an hour - either agreeing to disagree, or coming together in unity.
I see, now, what you meant about agnostics/atheists. And you are undoubtedly correct that we could hash this out in short order over a cup of tea - - - although I'd prefer Coca-Cola to either tea or coffee! Old habits die hard...

We don't really disagree on the main points. Whether we designate these people as heretics or apostates, we're to avoid their company, not wish them "godspeed," and, above all, not join their number!

God bless you, brother! How I enjoy and appreciate these exchanges!