Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Re: "I need help!"

Aloha sister,

I know that it is a lot easier to say: "Trust in the Lord", than to put it into practice. And the situation that you describe is deplorable.

Brother Forrest had some real good advice, and I know that he knows whereof he speaks.

I have an "inkling" (from your testimony) that you are in a very tenuous and difficult position. Having never had to deal with a situation like yours makes it is very difficult to give you much advice. Keep praying to God for a "solution" to your problems.

I know that God has given us "the ministry of reconciliation":
Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
And as such we (Christians) should seek to reconcile, if at all possible.

Try to live for the Lord; and conduct yourself like a Christian wife should; and keep praying that God will either save your husband, or if he is saved, that God will convict him and draw him back from his backsliding.

And whatever you do - do not despair or lose hope:

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

James 1:2
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

I pray, and I'm sure that there are others on this Forum who will pray with me, that God will comfort you in this time of trial and tribulation, and that He will bring about a solution to your problems real soon.