View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Predestination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I have been going to a reformed church (United Reformed Church) for less than a year and am a beginner in the Calvinist/Reformed faith. One factor regarding predestination and faith is that God is not governed by time as His creation is and He sees the past, present, and future simultaneously. It seems to me that this is why God can predestine people and His foreknowledge doesn't make people into robots. Does it seem to anyone that the consideration of God's independence from His creation of time reconciles any other conflicts.
We know that God is not governed by time being that He created time for us. God is also the beginning and the end of all life as we know and do not know. You say God does not make people into robots and I agree with you, but answer this simple question please. If God has predestined a man or woman to believe where is the choice in that? Is there any scripture to back this thought up to? I believe that God has never been independent from His creation and has no desire but to have fellowship with His creation. If a man or woman was not predestined then could they ever repent? Does God ever hear their prayer? God does know who will reject Him and who will accept Him but it is us who get to make that choice. I believe that when God speaks of predestination He is speaking of His predestined plan for man to have fellowship with Him. That plan was through Jesus who was predestined, prophesied about since the fall of man.