View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Okay, Tony, I said that I was finished, so I am already going past where I determined to stop. But I must answer a few things.

1 ) If you will review the beginning, you can see that it was not my intent to SOLVE the difference in belief and unify everyone. Instead, it was to find out if the belief expressed by you was common. I never committed to debating the subject. I do appreciate your willingness to explain as I have not studied the argument for ending baptism before. I did leave one forum because the new moderator held that belief and intended to push it on everyone.

2 ) I do recognize that Brandon is in charge. That is why I asked instead of demanded that the thread end.

3 ) Levity is not wrong. You use sarcasm as a means of expressing yourself, unless you are boasting of being a church splitter. (I certainly hope not!)

4 ) I know that I will not convince you to change how you see this. This is why I did not give a series of reasons why you are wrong. Others have, so why would my input be differently received? You should also know that I am not moving either. If you wish to continue the thread explaining in its entirety your doctrine on baptism, please do so. Only do not accuse me of being a quitter or running away.
Tim, if my statements about you starting the thread and wanting to end it were harsh or unfounded, I apologize. But 18 people known to me have read these threads including this one particularly. All 18 believe more or less as I do. Why then did they not join the forum? Out of respect for you people and for me, they do not want to leave the impression that I would stack the deck so to speak, and make their participation a one-issue thing and that's how they would be viewed by most of you since they agree with me on this. The poll is open to all members, and the poll would be 23 against water baptism and 29 for. That's not the spirit of my participation or of the people I know and fellowship with elsewhere.

Brother, speaking man to man, you said you were gonna clean my clock on this issue. Then you turned it over to brother George to answer the very first questions I asked, which is perfectly fine with me, George, indeed all of you, are alright and as we used to say in the biker bar, you all are good people. To be blunt, 18 people felt you back out.

Their words, not mine.

Tim, 99 percent of independent fundamentalist churches are broken up by people who worm their way in and try and control the church through the offering box, usurping the Holy Ghost's control through the Scriptures. I don;t know of any grace churches and IFB ever spilt. I know many were split by kenosis, Universalism, Stam's Calvinism, and the Bible version issue. All churches split at one time or another, all cells divide or they are dead. My sense of humor is a bit esoteric, I was an embalmer once, in the morning I prepped an elderly person, in the afternoon I might put an infant back together that was thrown from a moving car into a chain link fence by Mommie who was cranked out. Think about that one. My humor on "church splittin'" is tongue in cheek. A grace church that teaches only dispensationalism to the detriment of the gospel of Christ, an IFB church that puts the emphasis on water baptism to the detriment of the gospel of Christ both deserve to be spilt. I think a sense of Us Vs Them has been created between IFBs and Grace believers by one-issue folks on both sides.

Yep, my position and fellow Grace believers is over here in this minute minority, my position is extreme left or right, I'm over here with the snake handlers? That's simple rhetoric brother, I say that with Pauline charity and fellowship. Water baptism is not part of the Law of Moses?

Show me Scripture it ain't.

Grace and peace brother Tim

Tony