View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Pastor Mikie

Just to clear up any misunderstandings (noting that I could have not been clear in my communications), I wish to state that the Words of the Bible are inspired by God and the writers (whether originally or a translation) were moved by the Holy Ghost to write them down. Since 2 Timothy 3:16 says “all scripture IS…”, that is present tense. So, the Scriptures are always inspired, but not everyone who writes them down (as in translating) is inspired to do so unless moved by the Holy Ghost. I don’t see any proof that new-version translators were moved by the Holy Ghost.

By that reckoning, there are translations of the Scriptures that were done by “the will of man” and are therefore full of errors. God doesn’t contradict Himself.

I’ve been questioned many times as to why I believe the KJB is God’s inspired Word. Simple. Faith, longevity and fruit. Name another English Bible that comes close to the KJB in longevity and fruit. And to reiterate, they can’t all be correct. And, God isn’t dead, broke or out of Gas. He’s able to preserve them, since He gave them in the first place.

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness…

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This is how I understood Jerry's statement.