View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Consider these scripture testimony of the book of Revelation as to it being prophecy

Rev 1:3 ¶ Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

These are the last days and they have been for the last 2000 years. none of which has taken place yet.

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

the days of their prophecy has yet to take place

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

the same words were used in Rev1:3 but none of what is in the book of Rev has taken place nor has the Lord "come quickly"

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

you have added to the Words of Paul by saying his letters teach men to obey the ten commandments

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

of course with you Calvinistic view you don't think you could have your name removed from the book of Life for adding to Paul's letter that he taught men to keep the Ten commandments.

maybe you for got this:

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
You will notice that keep the law is separated from the ceremonial law of circumcision.
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
NO ten commandments were laid upon believers.
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

please be careful of your personal tone in your responses some may take offense. Religion is a man made thing to honor men like Presbyterian Religion, Lutheran Religion and Roman Catholic Religion all are unbiblical full of ceremony and pomp. but God is Spirit and he wants us to worship him in Spirit and Truth not be religious. It is not the outward show of religion that God looks at. it is the heart.

For my Spiritual freedom which was given me in Christ, He suffered and paid the cost with his Life, I have suffered many hardships for his name sake, But I count it all loss to know Christ and Him Crucified that I might give him all the glory and that is worth more than any religion could ever give.

Last edited by chette777; 07-15-2009 at 06:02 PM.