View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Amen Luke. Not sure what the OPs beliefs are, but salvation is by grace through faith alone, and the saved are eternally secure in Christ.
Perhaps my eyesight is deteriorating worse than I thought, but I didn't see the earlier reference to OPs. Are you referring to the Orthodox Presbyterian denomination? If so, I know them well.

I am a "20% Calvinist." I believe that the so-called Perseverence of the Saints is the only one of Calvin's five points that is scriptural. However, it's very scriptural, and is really no different than the doctrine of eternal security. I am a Baptist, but in the early years of my Christian life I was a Presbyterian, and God gave me some great teachers and mentors in that group. Their teachings, I see now, were not always Biblical; but the ones with whom I was involved were evangelistic, zealous for souls, and very much in love with Jesus Christ. Although I no longer number myself among them, I thank my God upon every remembrance of them.

A wise Presbyterian elder, asked if he believed in the Perseverence of the Saints, replied, "No, I don't! But I believe in the perseverence of the Savior!"

I've never heard it put better than that.......