View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM

In response to George and Scott, I have probably misrepresented myself on this "study/reference" Bible thing. The best reference Bible for me is a Thompson. I stay away from study Bibles pretty much altogether because God is the commentator I am interested in hearing. His word is FINAL imho There might be some historical or trivial data or some such thing in the study notes that interests me. Once long ago there came to me a commentary regarding Jesus and His references to the yoke. Amazing historical stuff. That is the good part of those types of extracurricular information sources.

Matter of fact, I rarely if ever use anything but my TCR text and my Strongs. I was given the "study" Bibles and commentaries. They were gifts, and occasionally I use them, as I do opinions and information on the internet, or ESword on my computer. Again, God is the only authority I recognize.

Call me anything you wish. The only thing I am called that is going to matter is when God calls me "good and faithful servant". It's gonna be a stretch, but I am sure that if I just keep following the instructions in this book...the whole book...I am in there. Thank you, Jesus!!!