View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I just had to sit through a chapel service at school. I remembered today why I stopped going.

Rev. Ann Thompson () gave the "talk". It was about how god (I use little g, her god is not my God) is calling the churches to live peacably with his creation, and how this is god's will for our lives. She quoted Genesis 1, from the "Ann Thompson" version, which removed every single reference to day, and added in day 5 being good, despite God not saying that it was. Then she talked about some "walk for life" for 10 minutes, which is some environmental rubbish. My whole school is turning into an environmental circus. I felt like standing up and saying "this is all well and good, but I think God cares more about your soul than his earth, since he BURNS IT UP in Revelation 20". I need to get a Bible study started here or something. It's something I have been praying about for a while. I am in good favour with the principal, so I need to speak to her about it.
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Social Gospel and good works litter Churches today Brother, it is heartbreaking and frustrating to see generally good people being led away with such liberal tripe. The problem is these people are ashamed of the Gospel, they don't want to offend anyone with the truth

2 Timothy 3:4
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Social Gospel wont get souls saved!
As for your Bible study, do it Brother, if its only you and one other and the truth is shared then its worth it.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God bless Brother and how wonderful it is that we can say with the apostle

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.