View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Default Re: "Noah and Ham--Noah's Curse"

Brother Tim said:
Quote:
Where are the posters, George and others, that examine the exactness of God's words, and yet are silent with this absolute distortion of Scripture?”
Brother Tim,

In accordance with what I said in my Post #40 this Thread:
Quote:
Brother Tim,

WHY have you singled me out (out of ALL the "active" members)? Am I obligated (in any way) to comment on every single issue that crops up on this Forum?

I do not have time today, but I will answer your question - and then I will have a "question" for you!
I now have the time to answer your biased question:

I don’t know what prompted you to “single me out” of ALL of those who Post on the AV1611 Bible Forums, but I am highly disappointed that you have! Is this HOW Christian brethren are to “frame” questions – with sly “insinuations” and “inferences”, rather than PLAIN SPEECH? Is this the result of a “Formal Education” (i.e. SCHOOLING), that instead of coming out and voicing your “displeasure” or “disapproval” of someone (or something they may have said), that you instead, take an “offhand” swipe at them in forming your question? Hmmm?

Now I will tell you WHY I don’t get involved in over 90% of the Threads and Posts on this Forum.

If you will notice, I hardly ever get involved in frivolous issues; childish or idiotic questions; or (in the present case) matters having to do with Biblical issues for which there are so few Scriptures to support my conviction or personal opinion. In other words I try to avoid “speculation” when it comes to spiritual issues.

There are many Threads on this Forum that have generated great controversy which I have either avoided totally, or have had very little to say about.

I avoided the issue of the “Creation debate” (“Gap” or no “Gap”) totally. I try to avoid the “unanswerable”, i.e. WHO was Noah’s wife (from WHAT “bloodline” did she come)? WHO were Shem’s, Ham’s, and Japheth’s wives (from WHAT “bloodline” did they come from)? WHO KNOWS? The Bible doesn’t tell us – so WHY SPECULATE?

You will notice that I avoided the “Sons of God” controversy also. WHY? Because there is NOT enough Scripture to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt WHAT I personally believe, so I AVOID the issue! That is WHY I almost always AVOID “prophetic” controversies also. If a Scriptural issue involves “SPECULATION on my part I try (real hard) to avoid “discussing” it. WHAT for? WHERE is the EDIFICATION? Hmmm? WHERE is the PROFIT? I may have a “personal opinion” on a matter, but WHAT is that worth?

If I claim that I want to know what God has to “SAY” about a matter and NOT what some other man “thinks” what God may “MEAN” – WHY would I offer my personal OPINION or worse yet SPECULATE about spiritual issues? I would be a HYPOCRITE if I operated in that manner!

I may hold a “personal conviction” about a Biblical issue such as the “Rapture”, but there are so few Scriptures regarding the “translation” of the body of Christ (it’s a MYSTERY!), that I am NOT going to “bicker” and “argue” about it – not for very long! Many of the things that the brethren choose to “fight” over just aren’t worth “fighting over” (i.e. length of hair, head covering, men’s apparel/women’s apparel, diet, etc., etc.), and so I CHOOSE NOT to engage in many of those “debates”. When I comment on this Forum I try to CHOOSE those issues that I believe to be the “WEIGHTIER MATTERS” [Mathew 23:23], and when I do comment I try real hard to present what God has to “SAY” about an issue, and NOT what I “think” He “MEANS”!

The purpose of the Bible is for us to know WHO GOD IS and for us to know WHAT HIS WILL is for us. WHY should I try to INSERT my “private opinions” or “personal speculations” alongside of His Holy words? This is one of the things that “gets me” about modern day Christians! Look at all of the people on this Forum who are constantly “recommending” this man or that man; or some man’s books, or videos, or audio tapes and CD’s, or periodicals, papers, and essays! And look how they always WARN people to be “careful”, because the man that they are personallyrecommending” MAY NOT be doctrinally sound on some spiritual issues, or he may CORRECT the Holy Bible here and there in his writings, but other than that he’s OK!

WHY? WHY is it necessary to study some man’s writings, if he is known to CORRECT (CHANGE) the Holy words of God? WHY not just study the Holy Scriptures? The emphasis on men today goes along with our cultural emphasis on CELEBRITY! WHAT is it that these men know about the “Which Bible Issue”, that Will Kinney, Bible Protector, Steven Avery, and others here on the Forum don’t know? Hmmm? What’s the difference? CELEBRITY! It’s NOT that the Bible says there is no need for teachers of the Holy word of God, it’s that modern day Christians have ELEVATED these men to the point where they “think” that these Bible teachers have REPLACED the Holy Spirit when it comes to true spiritual “discernment”, “understanding” and “wisdom”!

I can teach facts about the Bible. I can teach “doctrine”. But, what I CAN NOT DO is teach true spiritual DISCERNMENT, UNDERSTANDING, and WISDOM! Only God (the Holy Spirit) can teach these things [1Corinthians 2:1-16]. This is WHY the modern day “Christian” Bible School model is FAILING! “Facts” about the Bible and denominational “doctrine” is being taught to a bunch of young men who think that “knowledge” about Biblical issues is a “SUBSTITUTE” for genuine spiritual discernment, understanding, and wisdom!

Modern day Christian churches and institutions have EMULATED the “world’s educational institutions” (accreditation, degrees, and certification), with the attendant result that the “ministry” has turned into a PROFESSION”, just like any other “Profession” (doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.).

My “ministry” has centered on three things: trying to edify the brethren (wherever they may be, and whoever they may be); honoring the Holy words of God; and Glorifying my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I try to keep “focused” on the two main things that I believe the apostle Paul emphasized all during his ministry: SOUND DOCTRINE (the “whole counsel of God” – NOT just one or two particular issues) and a BELIEVER’S CONDUCT! “Hamites”, “Canaanites”, “Race”, and just WHO were the wives of Noah’s sons do NOT fall under the category of what I believe to be “the weightier matters”, and so I AVOID commenting.

A while back you posted a Thread on water baptism - Thread: AV1611 Bible Forums > Doctrine > Is water baptism for today?) After brother Tony’s short reply you, inquired of brother tonybones about his belief concerning water baptism:

Brother Tim's Post #14:
Quote:
I would hope that any (one at this moment-Tony) would expound on the reason why we today should not be baptized.”
Do you remember my comment after your Post?

George’s Post #16:
Quote:
“I personally don't want to see a "debate" over water baptism; we all know what he believes - what will such a debate accomplish? Who will be "edified"? Is the purpose going to be to "isolate" a fellow brother in Christ and possibly drive him away? I want no part in this.”
I already knew that a “discussion” on the issue of water baptism would not “edify” anyone and would be of NOprofit” to the brethren, but you proceeded any way! I tried to stay out of the debate, but your comments (and other people’s) about Dispensationalism required a reply in defense of “moderate” Dispensationalism from me.

You see, I have been fairly “consistent” in trying to AVOID getting involved in controversial issues that are of little or no benefit to the brethren – UNLESS it involves ADDING, SUBTRACTING, CHANGING or DENIGRATING the King James Bible; or out and out clear and unequivocal HERESY; or a "stranger's" MISCONDUCT (disrespect, name calling, etc.) on the Forum, I generally stay out of most of the "controversies" that arise on the Forum.

Have I answered your “question” to your "satisfaction"? If I haven't, I will be happy to "expound" some more.

And now I have a QUESTION for you:

Quote:
Can you explain to me WHY - “Christians”, who have received a “formal education (“Christian”College, University, Seminary, or “Bible” School), are much more willing to TOLERATE LEAVEN”, than those of us who have NOT received a “formal education”?