View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM

Default Re: "Are only KJO saved?"

Quote:
"Be careful of judgment too. I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc."
Tmonk,

A person can get saved from a simple Gospel tract that they could have found on the street (or in a garbage can for that matter).

The Gospel is not ALL there is to the Holy word of God. My question for you is WHO has caused WHAT?

From the middle of the 1600's up to the beginning of the 1900's nearly all Christians (with the exception of Catholics and Scholars) agreed on ONE FINAL AUTHORITY - simply known as THE BIBLE (labeled the AV1611 - by the "scholars", and later the King James Bible by the Publishers). All of the confusion, disagreement, and "bad blood" between Christians only came about AFTER the introduction of the myriad of modern "English" translations (over 100 since 1881), so WHO is responsible for the division and hard feelings between brethren? Hmmm?

Your statement: "I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc." makes no sense. I'm tickled pink that "you have no problems with the KJV" (I'm sure that God is just thrilled that you have "no problems" with His Holy word!) But your "cavalier" attitude towards the Scriptures just don't cut it with genuine Bible believers. How can ALL the translations all be the Holy words of God if they ALL have "different" words; "less" words; or "more" words than the King James Bible?

All English translations cannot possibly be the Holy word of God since they ALL disagree, not only with the King James Bible but with each other also. Can a person get saved by reading the Gospel from a modern translation - of course, but what is their FINAL AUTHORITY? WHAT IS YOUR FINAL AUTHORITY? Or do you even have ONE? That is the question..

Last edited by George; 02-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.