View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
I agree Diligent. However, we're still stuck with the problem of two people, both reading the same translation and both believing and claiming they are being led/taught by the Holy Spirit, coming to opposing viewpoints. Both check the other's viewpoint in scripture (being Berean) and "discern" the other is in error.
So? Is there a problem here?

Brother George beat me to part of my reply, but I'll just add some anyway...

...if you and a brother disagree on doctrine, and you each pray for guidance, yet still disagree, then it is very possible that one of you is wrong!

And that maybe it's something that you should not discuss with each other, or maybe you should spend more time with people who believe as you do.

You can't convert the world to your way of thinking...if it's of the Lord, He'll do the work of convincing, you just sow the seeds. Let the Lord handle it:

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:4, 10-12)