View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Well, your wife does have a right to be upset. You did go make a large purchase without her being involved, at all. I just can't imagine how you thought that would be ok. I know you say that you pay the bills, and that you pay for your car while she pays for hers. Nevertheless, you two are one flesh, and you should be excited to make her a part of something that is that exciting for you. Didn't you marry her to share life with her? Don't you want to share those things that bring you joy, with her? Think about that, and think how that might make you feel if she pulled this on you.

Now, that being said, I want to say that I don't know all the particulars of your relationship, but what it sounds like to me is that you need to cultivate closeness with you wife. I'm not saying that you're mean to your wife or anything like that. What I'm saying is that you should make it VERY clear to her that you love having her close to you, and that you love being close to her. If you can do this, I believe that she will be more open to recieve Christ, because she sees in you the joy Christ gives you. I know that what I'm saying isn't so cut and dry, and that it won't be easy. But one thing I do know, is that your marriage absolutely needs this, and YOU need this. Divorcing your wife is OUT OF THE QUESTION. Do you understand that? I don't want to hear you talking about your desire to walk out any more. I want to hear how things are getting better between you two because you've loved her as Christ loves you.

One last thing; I have been praying for her salvation, nearly every night. So keep your hopes up brother.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen