View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have to agree,it pains me to see my girlfriends family going to Hell because of the following of man and not Gods Word.
All you can do is give them the truth, and let the Lord work upon their hearts. I've family who are not saved. I've told them the truth, which they have rejected, so now I just pray.

Quote:
Within the last month i have gotten out of a Quaker church and back to a Bible Believing Baptist Church,outside of the back door is construction of a new Catholic church,down the road is a newer built Mormon Temple.
I'm glad you're in a church that believes in the authority of the word of God. I left a nice Presbyterian church because they didn't.

Quote:
Luke,thank you for those verses. It seems to be harder to reason with people when they have religion as opposesd to a non-believer who doesn't have religion.
Amen, brother. I see it this way: if a man has a 'religion', he is in control, he doesn't have to listen to any final authority. No wonder all these 'religions' are popular. "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Judges 17:6)

"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." (Proverbs 12:15)

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." (Proverbs 21:2)