View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

I said: "it is now much better to teach foreigners and natives English, and give them the KJB, than it is to translate into their languages."

I stand by this as the approach Christians should be tending toward now, and pursuing from now on.

Quote:
I believe this to be a false extreme. Its better to do for them what Tyndale did for us. . .translate the Scripture into their languages. You may do well to translate the KJV into other languages (this is all Scrivener did for his TR). Others will do well to translate their bibles into other languages.
It seems "extreme" to say teach them English, because throughout history the Word of God has rightly gone into other languages. However, the world is now learning English, and this means that we can have one Bible, which we know is perfect, rather than many different versions. The problem is that there are tiny differences between all TR editions, and tiny differences between all TR-based translations (just look at the ongoing saga surrounding the Spanish TR-based translation).

What Tyndale did was very good, and what the others did for other languages likewise. But the Scripture is indicating something more:

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people." (Isaiah 28:11).

"For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent." (Zephaniah 3:9).

To have another tongue besides Hebrew for the Word of God to come to the Jews must mean English. To have a pure language to know things properly in the time from now on must be the language of the King James Bible. This is because ONE FINAL language is being indicated.

Certainly it would be better to translate the King James Bible into another language than probably any particular Greek TR edition, and it is reported that this occurred in the Missionary Movement. But we have advanced beyond that time, where the Reformation learning has almost failed, where the modern version thinking has taken over, and most especially where all the indications of divine providence are that English is the global language and that the King James Bible is correct and most fitting to be the world wide Bible for the true Church Remnant.