View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Default Re: " My faith and my wife."

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
This is going to be tough for me. I have never fully commited to Jesus. I play at it and then check out other religions. My wife is also unsaved. I know the truth in my head, but don't follow. Of course my wife thinks I'm dumb for this. Advise welcome

Aloha brother,

First things first - NO ONE (in the flesh) is ever "fully committed" to Jesus. The greatest Christian that ever lived confessed:

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Read Romans Chapters 5-8. These are some of the things that the Apostle Paul wrote, of which the Apostle Peter said: ". . . . which are some things hard to be understood, . . . ." [2 Peter 3:16], but if you can get a hold of the truth in these passages, you will stop trying to please the Lord in your flesh (i.e. "fully committed") and start to walk in the Spirit.
[Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.]

Read and re-read the Psalms - they are a great help and support in a Christian's walk; and don't forget to continue to pray for your wife's salvation. Don't be "pushy", it took about 4 years for my wife to get saved from the time that we married. {A steady and reliable testimony is the most effective means for seeing a spouse saved - far more than "words" without "fruit". Lost people know that we Christians are supposed to bear "fruit" (they're not impressed with "works") in our lives.}

And always remember to: "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." [ Proverbs 3:5]

And keep looking unto the Lord Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.