View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
Something I experienced, and sorry if it is wrong, but I once went to a new outreach and it was on a tight budget, let alone no money to speak of
So, it was, though, a totally appropriate situation to have communion, and I have no idea who thought of it, but it was so great, in my opinion.
But someone prepared a very large glass cup, more like a huge thing, and put the grape juice there in; the cup had a large stem on the bottom for holding.
Homemade unleavened individual oval shapped bread pieces were made, and each person took their piece of bread and dipped it into the cup as it was being passed around by one person who was holding the large glass cup.
Because it was done in such a good manner, it was a great experience.
I marveled at the simplicity of it all and it was good in my opinion.
We used that as an alternative to drinking from the community chalice in the Episcopal church I went to, years ago. They would hand out a piece of unleavened bread, and when the priest came by, we'd hold out our bread, he'd take it and dunk it in the wine (real fermented alcoholic wine) and then place it on our tongue. They called it taking communion by 'intinction'.

I don't do that anymore, I'm a Bible-believing Baptist.