Thread: Truth in Love
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I see a lot of Baptists that speak the truth, but sometimes it's not in love. They tell the truth, but they have a hateful and proud spirit.
I'm just curious; do you feel that there's any difference in the way people speak the truth in person and the way they do it on forums such as this?

It seems I need to try to be a lot more careful how I choose my words on this forum because people don't know me and can't judge my attitude. Even in person my odd sense of humor is hard to know how to take sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one as I can read someone else's post and think they're exemplifying a Christian attitude and someone else will think they're being hateful, or vice versa.

On the other hand maybe it is easier to pounce on people you don't know and who don't you on the internet. I hope that's not the case as it would say something about their true Christian (or otherwise) character.

In any case I think we do need to be slow both to give offense and to take offense.
Quote:
James 1:19-20 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Last edited by Jeff; 03-27-2008 at 09:16 PM.