View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM

Hello there Sis. Pam!

You brought up a great point! Thanks to it's 'built in dictionary' as my husband calls it I Peter 2:25 is defining bishop as shepherd...Unless one wants to change this standard of defining the words in our KJB. I was intrigued by the capital letters here...nowhere else is bishop capitalized...

There are many examples of the KJB defining itself but here is one example that I love:

Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

II Chr 34:10 And they put it in the hand of the workmen that had the oversight of the house of the LORD, and they gave it to the workmen that wrought in the house of the LORD, to repair and amend the house:

Ps 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Those are just a few, but taking everything that is said in the Bible about a shepherd, a bishop, a deacon, a pastor, leading, feeding, and caring and putting it all together it makes perfect sense.

Consider this - I Samuel 21:7 Now a certain man of the servants of Saul was there that day, detained before the LORD; and his name was Doeg, an Edomite, the chiefest of the herdmen that belonged to Saul.

Above is an example of there being a chief shepherd...remember I Peter 5:4? The Chief Shepherd? If there is a chief, one can gather that there are under shepherds especially if there is a large number of herds.