View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi again Amanda - you have certainly entered the forum with all guns blazing (I love your posts!) And now you have got me thinking haven't you!
What would I say to a new convert (a muslim convert) who has come to Christ in repentance and tears, wants to serve Him with all of his heart, but he has seven wives?
I am not playing the devil's advocat - but I am curious as to how we would deal with such a case as Christians (especially if he has had a child with every one of them!

I am certainly open to thoughts on this one as it is a very real possibility in the multicultural world that we live in!

God bless

PaulB
PaulB,

No one asked me but I never let that stop me. Here's my answer:

1 Corinthians 7:24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

The man continues to fulfill his husbandly obligations to his seven wives and fatherly obligation to his children. It would be a toss up whether he would encounter more persecution remaining in the muslim world as a christian or emmigrating to a christian culture as a polygamist.