View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Revelation says that there shall be no more sea (that big one that borders North Africa, western Asia, and southern Europe I have trouble spelling, lol) yet the location of the Land Of Promise remains constant.
There is more than one "sea" on this earth, I think you'll find that the "sea" in Rev 21:1 is a reference to the huge body of water above the firmament which is "frozen" in Job 38:30-31, this sea is "the deep" of Genesis 1:2.

Quote:
Matt, I'd say, if the lake does not burn during the Millenium, then the REAL "Big Bang" of Peter is the ignition point, that you just pointed out to us!!!
Good observation Tony, but looking at this again I stand corrected and find that the first mention of the lake of fire buring is Rev 19:20 which happens at the end of the Tribulation at the battle of Armageddon!

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So it looks like it WILL be burning during the Millennium.
Quote:
The eternal land grant to Abraham is found in Genisis 17:1-8.
Yep, and Psalms 105:8-11 also...

He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant: Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:

God keeps his promises. You could be right about the geography of the new earth, with the land of promise being in the same location. I'll keep in mind your comments about the Dead Sea, I'm not completely dismissing the theory.