Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:25 AM

In response to your last post, Bro. Whalen, I have to say that I agree with that fellow and disagree with him at the same time. I do believe that Young-Earth Creationism is true, though I believe the earth is a bit older than they believe it to be. Not millions of years to account for some mythological "geologic ages" or evolutionary nonsense, though.

Here is some information I prepared and my wife posted on a forum some time back; at the time it was at a place where it would not be received well (saying "Ruckman" was a good way to get shot!) but I think this forum would be a less volatile location to post some notes from Doc's Genesis class, as well as my own charts and thoughts on the matter.

Quote:
In Genesis 1:1, it states "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth." Notice two things: 1) It does not say how long it took, when it happened, what He created or where it happened, It just says that He made it; 2) there's only one heaven mentioned here. The next verse states that the earth that was created in the previous verse is now without form and void (Kent Hovind is wrong; "without form and void" means "without form and void," not "unformed and unfilled"). Therefore, something occurred between verse one and verse two. The Bible doesn't explain this original creation in this passage; It gives us indications and hints in other places (Eze. 28, Isa. 12), but details and definite descriptions aren't readily visible. The six day present creation came after that.

Adam was the first man, according to the Bible. By Adam, sin entered into the world, also according to the Bible. But that verse is talking about this present earth, not the "world that then was" (2 Pet. 3:6). Basically, the universe is shaped like a pyramid (Ps. 48:2, Isa. 14:13) with the third Heaven at the top, the waters above (crystal sea, great sea, great deep) and below separated by the firmament of heaven (space). Before the present creation, however, there was no separation between heaven and the earth, for there was no sin and no need for isolation. God placed Lucifer, the fifth cherub, over the physical creation, while he was still the "covering cherub." In God's dimension (Eph. 3:18), being in Heaven, fulfilling his main purpose, and ruling over the creation on earth at the same time is very likely, though we can't understand it, being that it is a separate dimension. When Lucifer rebelled (Isa. 14:13), he ascended up (relatively) into heaven, and attempted to usurp God's position. He was then repulsed, and the resulting effect is cataloged in Genesis 2:2, Jeremiah 4:23 (figuratively/prophetically).
Original Creation

Genesis 1:2

Recreation

Quote:
Gen. 1:3 ”And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
Absolute light, not sunlight. Time begins (vs. 4-5) before the sun was there to keep the time.

Gen. 1:6 “And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters [DEEP], and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.”
Schofield said that the waters in Genesis 1:6-8 are actually “vapors,” but Psalms 148:1-8 puts the WATERS above the HEAVENS and the VAPOR on the earth (v.8). Schofield is just WRONG!

Top of the Deep is frozen (Job) Above is Light/Day, below is Night. There is a firmament (space) in between the waters, and the sun, moon and stars are put in that firmament; the Height, the Deep. “Doctrine of the Great Deep.”
Eph. 3:18 “May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;”
Rom. 8:38 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Ps. 88:6 Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
7 Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.
Ps. 187-)15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. [RAPTURE]
Ps. 66:12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.
Ps. 124:4 Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
5 Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. (Israel, end of Trib.)
Jer. 5:22 Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?
Gen. 7:11In the six hundredth year of Noah' life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Job 38:30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
The Deep is frozen, i.e. Sea of Glass, Crystal Sea; it is NORTH, i.e. Sides of the North, my help cometh....etc.
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place , and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further (Jer. 5:22): and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Job 26:5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place(outer space), and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
9 He holdeth back the face of his throne (heaven), and spreadeth his cloud upon it.
10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds (Jer. 5:22, Job 38:11), until the day and night come to an end. (Crooked serpent)
Job 41:1-10, 18-20, 31 (THE DEEP), 33-34; Isa. 27:1, Ps. 74:14, Rev. 12; Leviathan, CROOKED SERPENT, Taketh up Jordan into his mouth (Job 40), spews it out at Israel. Satan comes up to the Sea of Glass to accuse the brethren; presented himself to God in the book of Job. NORTH STAR, ALPHA DRACONIS; first DRAGON, just SOUTH of the NEW JERUSALEM.
The last part is a little choppy; I was trying to type furiously whilst pausing and rewinding an mp3 and looking up Scriptures: my apologies if it seems fragmented. If anyone wants the mp3 from the Genesis class I took these notes in, I'll be glad to put it up and post a link.

Edit: I wanted to address the apparent difficulty over the Jeremiah reference; the similarities that they share (I said this in a previous post but apparently it wasn't noticed) are that something existed before, since it is NOW without form and void, and that something is about to happen to the subject (earth) by God's own hand. Both cases it seems that God caused it to happen, and they both allude to a previous existence of something. That, my brethren, is irrefutable. The similarities are plain, the differences acknowledged.