View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
O Dear, how did this become a debate about dispensations?

Matthew 7 is written FOR us, but not TO us. No, it does not apply doctrinally, but it can teach some spiritual truths.

Any back to Lordship Salvation;

It all comes down to whether God wants men to prove to Him that they are good enough for Heaven (lordship), or whether Jesus Christ died for sinners, and wants to make it as easy as possible for them to come home (free grace).

I would be interested to hear what Doctor Ruckman teaches in regards to this. I can't seem to find his stance on Lordship Salvation anywhere.
What does it matter what Dr. Ruckman teaches? Its what God's word teaches is what matters. If you think the Sermon on the Mount"s teachings are not for us you have been deceived. Your right they sound hard so we want to cast them out. God is not mocked. Jesus says in John 14;23 "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching." 1 John 2:4 says The man who says I know him, but does not do what he commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. Furthermore, 1 John 5:3 Says "my commands are not burdensome." To love Christ is to obey his commands is to make our "calling and election sure" 2 Peter 1:10.