View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:15 PM

cody1611,
I had read many of these same "errors" before.
Actually, they are not errors at all, but interpretations by non-Bible believing heretics.
There are of course some "watered-down" Christians who have so squashed the Holy Ghost, as too no longer have any discernment.

Take for instance, my personal favorite, for the answer is right there for anyone to see; Acts 12:4., but one MUST go back to 12:3, to find the answer!

"And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (THEN WERE THE DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD.)
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; INTENDING AFTER EASTER TO BRING HIM FORTH TO THE PEOPLE." (Acts 12:3-4)

Actually, the correct term is indeed "Easter" as the "Passover" had done past, the Jews were already in the "Days of unleavened bread,"which comes after the Passover. This rendering is also found in the TR based Bibles before the KJV.

"Strictly speaking the Passover only applied to the paschal supper and the feast of unleavened bread followed."-Peloubet's Bible Dictionary,(p.486)

In fact, Herod was not even a Jew, but an Edomite, and had a long association with the pagan religion of Babylonian(something Catholics also are involved with, either knowingly or unknowingly). I suggest you read Alexander Hislop's Two Babylons for interesting info. on pagan religions and how it pertains to EASTER.

I doubt you will ever convince anyone, however the Bible is pretty well self explanatory.

God bless!