Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Let's have some mercy here and put this thread down, like you would an old dog that needs to be put out of its misery.

Point: I was jumped because I called Zorba, “My best friend” because, according to the opinion of these brethren, I should have said Jesus was my best friend. Nobody gave me the benefit of a doubt that the context of the reference was my personal relationship with another living creature ON THIS EARTH.

Point: I have been accused of blasphemy and changing the Word of God because I made the remark concerning Song 8:6 when I said, “Nay, but love is stronger than death”.

I stand by that statement for this reason: God IS love. (see 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16). And the Lord God's love on the cross was AND IS stronger than death. The words in Song 8:6 were penned BEFORE Calvary. My statement is true today.

Concerning any of the rest, we simply have a difference of opinion about animals. Certainly, they are not humans, but they are a 'people' (as Tandi correctly pointed out). Can they think and reason? Ask Balaam's Ass (Numbers 22:23). She certainly demonstrated care and concern and, when the Lord opened her mouth so she could speak, she expressed herself quite well. This was not a case of God playing a ventriloquist.

As for George's claim that I insulted his wife, this was not my intent and I apologize for the misconception. I merely wanted to point out that I believe that Isaiah 65:17 through 65:25 was describing the 1,000 years ON THE EARTH REIGN of the Lord Jesus Christ and this was NOT a description of the post millennial world that begins at Revelation 21. If George and his wife disagree with that, then so be it. We will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Ok, I've said my peace.
Thank you.

Last edited by geologist; 03-19-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction