View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Boy, I think people completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I agree 100%, that the curse was on Canaan.

That said, in the history of man, those peoples who could be traced with accuracy to either Shem, Ham, or Japheth do seem to have certain characteristics. This is not saying anything detrimental whatsoever about any family. All are equally important and have made significant contributions to mankind.

The descendents of Shem have generally been religious or spiritual types. The great religions of the world for the most part originated with these people.

The descendents of Ham have been people "of the earth" to a degree. They were not so interested in religion, or even science. They are the doers. They invent practical solutions to practical problems. So, as I showed in my post, they developed machines, tools, ships, medicines, domesticated animals for use and much more.

Those of Japheth have been the thinkers. Not spiritual thinkers, but philosophy and science. The Greeks are a great example. They have been important in law and government.

Now, these are all general statements, but I believe there is much truth in them. Of course there are exceptions to this general observation. And as time has passed all the families of man have mixed and clear distinctions can no longer be made.

But in no way am I saying anything derogatory about any people. All have made important contributions to mankind. As a man is not complete without spirit, body, and soul, mankind needs these three types to be successful.

The article also pointed out that the Gospel also went out in order to the Shemites (the Jews), the Hamites (the Ethopian eunuch), and Japhethites (Cornelius).

Yes, I know the scriptures do not say these things directly. But scriptures can say many things indirectly that are still true.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

When Jesus said this, there were no NT scriptures. In the OT there are no direct scriptures which tell us distinctly about Jesus. But the story is there. When Abraham was ordered to sacrifice his son Isaac, when Abraham said;

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

This was the scriptures testifying about Jesus. But it was indirect.