View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
WWJD & People,

It is not always wrong to kill people, nor is it wrong to join the military. You need to read the Bible. This will clear up all of this false teaching that you believe.

There is a time for war in the Bible.

I will pray that your anti Biblical views of war and killing people will come to destruction, and that you will not be able to advocate this false teaching to others.

Atlas
First pray, and then read these verses. Please base your opinion on the war not on how the your believes are, but how the Bible teaches.

Matthew 5:44 – Jesus commanded to Love our enemies. How can we should love to our enemies (people of Iraq) if we go and kill them.

Matthew 26:51-52 – When Peter tried to use physical violence (Sword) Jesus stopped Peter

Genesis 9:5-6 – God himself clearly forbids killing of people

Matthew 24 - In this chapter, Jesus talks about the last days. Jesus mentions many bad characteristics/sins of the last days, and then he says that in the last days there would be many wars. Jesus implies that wars are bad

3 John 1:11 – He that does good is of God. He that does bad, is not of God

Luke 7:12-13 It is not good when weep. Also, it is not good, when someone dies, (especially, when someone dies at a young age, because of death at a war)

John 10:10 – The Devil comes to kill, steal and destroy. God is against destructions, killing, stealing (oil) and wars. In the NT God never told the people to use violence. Instead, as I previously said, God forbids violence

Matthew 10:39 - The only good reason of dying, is dying for Christ (and not die for secular activities [war]).

Luke 9:54-56 The disciples of Jesus offer to Jesus to destroy the city. Jesus forbade the destruction and violence.

If every single Christian goes to war, and every single one of the Christians is killed, then atheists and would be rulling US

I agree with you that God in the OLD testament allowed his followers to kill. However, in the NEW testament, God forbids killing