View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Sisters,

Quote:
I agree with sis Jennifer, that it doesn't matter one way or another.

If God was able to form the dust of the ground into a man, surely he is able to gather up the dust of the ashes of a man from cremation, and make him into a man once again! Even if that dust is scattered to the winds, do you doubt the Almighty God's ability to gather up every last bit of dust and remake that person's body?

Jeremiah 32:17 - Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
It's not that it would be too hard for God.

But considering what the Bible has to say, if anything about a certain topic. We should do that with any decision we make. While we may have our liberty as Christians to do as we please in this matter, it is a good thing to compare Scripture with Scripture. The Bible is not completely silent on this matter...The example is there. You will not find a positive Scripture verse in regards to a body being burned.

As Wingwiper stated it is a stumbling block for a lot of Christians. For me that is also a good reason to avoid cremation. Perhaps it is ok to cremate, but I feel we should use our Christian liberty to not be a stumbling block to a weaker brother.