View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
Jesus prayed for another way if it was possible, I would have bet there was not other way, or if it was possible, God decided not to do it another way, so I think you are not correct in your analysis. God has predestined the way of salvation and there really is no other way, sorry. But I guess I could be wrong but you might be wrong, so do you want to risk it?
Wait. The NIV Bible says that Gods plan of salvation was for Jesus to die on the cross. As a matter of fact it says Jesus prayed for another way if it was God's will. Isn't that the same message?

So you are saying that the same message is a perversion as the one in the KJV? I really don't get that point of view. ?? Look, I am not trying to argue. I am asking for someone to explain why (even though the message is the same) you are saying one is a perversion and the other isn't? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's are the same message, right? If your argument holds true they should all be exact duplicates of each other. They aren't becasue Gods Word came into their hearts, they wrote it in the way that they understood it and it makes it easier for ALL MEN to understand now. How then can you say that a translation with the same message (and not all translations have the same message, do I agree) is a perversion?