View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 AM

Chette

I tend to believe that it did not rain until Noah's time. The early earth was watered by the mist that came up from the ground. The first mention of rain in the Bible is Gen 2:5

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

This does not say God had not caused it to rain upon the earth BECAUSE there was not a man to till the ground, it says AND. Big difference.

The second time the word rain appears in the Bible is when God warns Noah of the flood in Gen 7:4

Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

So, I tend to believe that the earth was watered by this mist that came up from the earth until Noah's time. Surely the earth underwent drastic environmental changes during the flood as men's lifespans dropped dramatically after the flood.

I do not believe in the current Global Warming scare, in fact, the earth has been cooling since around 1998. Temperature tends to rise and fall in cycles, this is normal. Here is a graph of temperature for the last 1000 years.

The verse you showed in Revelations does seem to indicate that either the sun will produce more radiation during the Tribulation, or else the world will not provide as much protection as now.

However, until then we can rest assured that God will keep our planet safe, because he promised to do so in his Word.

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Last edited by Winman; 04-27-2009 at 08:40 AM.