View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Connie

Default Food shortages to come

Thought I should probably post here information I've been receiving in emails, as well as anticipating myself anyway. Thanks to the higher cost of gas, food prices have been going up (along with everything else of course), and are expected to go up higher. One email I received claims to know from an insider that a major food distribution company in the US plans to raise its prices by as much as 30% on July 1st -- that's tomorrow -- because of the high cost of transportation thanks to the increasing cost of gas. Since I'm on a fixed income I've been starting to collect canned goods and other nonperishables before the prices rise again.

Now there is the flooding in the Midwest which has damaged crops. Besides praying for the people in the Midwest who have been through the massive flooding, we need to consider that the Midwest is the nation's breadbasket and the flooding is going to affect all of us just as the economic repercussions of 9/11 and Katrina have been having their effect as well. This is God's judgment on the nation and it's only going to get worse. (I'm sure when the Antichrist comes along, in the near future I suspect, he'll have a "solution" to all of it, but of course not for Christians -- our sustenance comes from the Lord.)

Another email I received passed on stories about major grain businesses being under water, crops and silos, including Quaker Oats and General Mills. The person who sent me this information also included a friend's email about a vivid dream in which a voice said to gather what you can because the locusts are coming, and soon after had a locust splat on their windshield as if to confirm the warning.

There is an unlovely tone in some of this about how we should all stock up before others think of doing it, but if a famine is on the way the whole nation will be suffering, and while stocking up for one's family's needs is only prudent, and many can't go beyond that anyway, we also need to think of our neighbors.

Prayer and trust in the Lord is always our main support but there's no reason not to prepare for hard times as well. This is all certainly God's judgment on America but He will preserve us.