View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43 AM
spiritualcrusader

Humanism. That's your answer. Humanism has slipped into our churches. So somewhere back in the Baptist church in the senario you gave, the pastor didn't confront the false teaching, but here is the kicker. That pastor may have been humanistically trained at his Bible College or seminary and didn't even now it. Fundimentalism's articles of faith became a litmis test for salvation. If you believe all the points, you have to be saved. This isn't the case. Paul believed all the points in his religion, but missed the biggest one until the Road to Dimascus.

Some of the most "spiritual" people in yours, mine, and many other churches may be living a performance based Christian life. They are whited seplicures without even knowing it sometimes. The Bible says that there will be few that find the narrow way. Does it not. Religious living is a very sneaky false teaching. Paul battled it in all his churches; especially Galacia. He asked are you soon so far removed. So decades ago churches allowed humanistic beliefs to enter their churches.

What is humanistic thinking? "I think" "I feel" compaired to "the Bible Says" "God says".