View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:11 AM

I fear that you are focused more on "gifts" than you are on "word".
I have no need to reconsider what 1st Corinthians 2:14 is about, regardless of chapter and verse breaks, Its CLEARLY about natural man, unsaved man not being able to understand the things of the spirit (natural man can understand salvation, but not the teaching of the SPIRIT OF TRUTH)

Peter speaking of false prophets and their followers "natural brute beasts"
2 Peter 2:12,13
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Clearly here Peter says natural brute is someone who does not understand or is unreasonable.

James 1:23-24
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Adam was not saved and here Paul Speaks of Adam being natural and being saved by the LORD Jesus Christ is spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:45-50
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Two very clear distinctions between natural, earthy, unsaved, and spiritual (Saved)

Penalty Of Sin for natural man
Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

I pray that any other Brother on this site that can explain that natural man is unsaved better than this wretch that I am can , then In My LORD Jesus Christ's name I ask you please do.

M Paul, I shall not debate with you any further on the issue My Friend, But I simply wish to have the input of a third party at least for my own understanding.

In My Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ.