View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 AM

Brother Tim,

Quote:
but I am responsible before God to speak against actions by brethren that hinder the effect of the Gospel.
How is Dr. Ruckman " hindering the effect of the Gospel? "

Is it his 800 member church?
It is his Bible College that has put thousands in the field working for God?
Have his books ( seven foot shelf ) hindered the Gospel?

I know the Bibles says.

Quote:
1 Tim. 5:1

1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
You also seemed to pull that one verse out of context. The elders are the one that should rebuke. This is talking about the local church. So the next time you go to your local church and someone gets out of line. You need to stand up in front of everyone and rebuke them in front of everyone. That way others will fear.

Quote:
1Tim. 5:17 - 20

17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
I think Dr. Ruckman fits well into verse number 17.

Quote:
17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
We know by his works ( 7 foot shelf ) that he has laboured in the word and doctrine.

Quote:
25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-13-2008 at 12:53 AM.