View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey
Having said that, I do not believe that the AV is perfect, there are a few (very few as the case may be) things that I believe could have been translated better. There are also a few errors in translation (such as Matthew 23:24 which should read "strain out" as in "filter out" but not "strain at").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
I think you will find that most here are convinced there are no errors in the KJV, any error is in our understanding. This is usually going to be a sticking point on forums like this, you may want to check some of the introductory sections to get the lay of the land, so to speak.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey
I believe that the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts are the Perfect Word of God and that they always correct the English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
Well there it is, like a dead catfish in the sunlight.
Why would you use the Hebrew to pass judgment on our KJV when you don't even understand a word of Hebrew...?

Now please don't get offended brother, I sense you may be here for the right reasons. But you have to understand—this kind of thing comes up a lot here, and you have to see the problem with what I just confronted you with. It was not meant to derail you, again I suggest you tread softly here for a while and research the introductory areas before you proceed.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey I don't believe that as long as flawed humans are doing the translating the English of the AV (or any other translation) will be 100% perfect. Humans are not perfect, thus no human work will be 100% perfect unless God directly inspires their translation in the way that He directly inspired the original human authors He used to write the Bible in the first place.
Well, I tried to warn him... looks like Howler got banned. Some people won't listen.
For any new members reading this, please be advised you cannot intentionally sit in judgement over the KJV on this forum, it won't fly here. Newcomers; please read the link below, probably should put a sticky like this over here on the Bible versions section, food for thought:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....3173#post23173

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 07-03-2009 at 09:48 AM.