View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
T
Was salvation actually granted by doing? Or, was salvation (deliverance whether it be physical or spiritual) granted by believing God, which in turn resulted in obedience (doing)?
That is a very good inquiry. In all cases God wants belief. The doing is part of showing the belief, but there was never a case of salvation without belief.

Quote:
I've always thought "belief" in God's particular word, command, or instruction alone is the instrument for deliverance and for pleasing God, regardless of the dispensation--past, present, or future?
Would believing animal sacrifice was what God wanted you to do, without actually doing them, be enough under Mosaic law?

Quote:
Was it faith alone, which resulted in genuine works? Or was it faith plus works when combined, that provided deliverance? It seems logical and obvious that it required both, I know. And I think that's what you're saying. But doesn't genuine faith result in genuine obedience and action? Isn't faith, therefore, the principle truth that provides the salvation?
It has been said that it is always grace through faith, with the content of faith being different depending on whom you were and when. I think that sums it up well.