View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Shofar,
I am not an expert on demonology or angels, but scripture does indicate some of the fallen creatures are currently imprisoned until God's day of judgment (I Peter 3:19-20; II Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6).

Others have been given some liberty on earth and in our atmosphere, we know Satan is called the prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2, Zechariah 5:1-9), and I think that even today the pagans who worship idols in many countries are in fact engaged in the direct worship of demons without realizing it. (Deuteronomy 32:17, Psalm 106:36-37)

Others are given the ability to interact with and control humans on a limited basis, but all are subject to the authority of Christ and they are aware of their appointment with judgment (Matthew 8:28-34, Mark 5:1-20, and Luke 8:26-33).

James 2:19 declares that even the demons believe that there is only "one God," however the demons "tremble" because they are aware of the judgment of God that they (demons) will suffer, he has prepared a place for their eternal punishment. (Matthew 25:41)

The good news is; that even the most powerful demonic locust monsters from the pit (along with the "king" that is over them) are no match for the power of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Hi Bro. Parrish, thank you for the biblical references, I will make note to review them further when I am finished with work for the day. It's beginning to make more sense, I caught something of interest in Revelation 12 how the devil was cast out into the earth & his angels were cast out with him. You do bring up an interesting point, on how some are bound while others are not bound; one would think to see them all bound, but I guess there are reasons for why things are currently how they are.