Thread: Paul's Gospel
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM

Good thoughts, brother. I have been giving some thought recently to the relevancy of the message contained in Galatians. There are so many believers today who are entangled in the bondage of the law and are not standing fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free. Some, perhaps more than we know, are still trying to measure-up by obedience, diligence, perseverance, commitment, and performance rather than glorying in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Some actually believe God can be appeased or satisfied with something other than the precious blood of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
I recently read a good definition of legalism.

Quote:
Legalism teaches people to gain a sense of spiritual acceptance based on their performance, instead of accepting it as a gift on the basis of Christ.
This describes so many believers who have not fully entered into the "rest" of the Lord. Christ hath set us free! There is therefore now no condemnation.