View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Default Re: "Noah and Ham--Noah's Curse"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Folks, I have been gone for a long week-end with some of my family, and away from the internet, phone, radio, and TV. The latter three don't matter much as far as my keeping up with them, but this forum does. I have a lot of backlog at work so I have not been able to read carefully the last four or five pages on the thread. I did skim enough to understand that I made a serious mistake in my early post. I should not have used George's name in that sentence. As I look back now, it was completely unnecessary, and I truly apologize to George, Brandon, and the members of this forum for that. This issue is very raw with me for reasons that I cannot go into, and George in another thread had recently been very specific about the exactness of God's words, what they SAY and not what one thinks they mean. I connected the two together and was very wrong in doing so. Again, George, I am very sorry, and ask your forgiveness. I will attempt to answer your question to me later as I make time to re-read all of the posts in detail.

Bro. Parrish, I appreciate that you attempted to "stick up" for me. I do not appreciate the way in which you did. I would have privately discussed this with you, but you publicly connected me with your disagreement with and dislike for George. I cannot therefore keep quiet.

Chette, we are not finished here. I still have a great deal of disagreement with your position, but I have not labeled you personally as a bigot or a racist. The ideas that you encourage by your misuse of Scripture are the same as those who are in fact racists. I believe that you are doing so out of ignorance of the facts, and not out of an unclean heart.

Other members, I need time to process the meat of the discussion, but cannot until this evening, the LORD willing.

Aloha Brother Tim,

I accept your gracious apology. You and I have had a few "clashes" in the past (most of which weren't worth fighting over), but we have always managed to apologize to each other and continue our fellowship in the Lord Jesus Christ and around His precious word.

I must admit that I was offended (perhaps I am too easily offended? ), but my "bark" is worse than my "bite", and I can truthfully say that I will not hold anything you said against you. I believe in "forgive and forget".

Even though you and I may disagree on certain spiritual issues, I have always counted you as a brother in Christ, and believe it or not, I have learned from your conduct on this Forum (although it may not always show ). I guess that it why I was disappointed when you singled me out.

Anyway - that's all in the past! Let's "shake" and see if we can continue being of some profit to the brethren, for I believe the time is short!

May God bless you brother, you have been I fine example of how we Christians should conduct ourselves in adversity.