Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns215 View Post
So, now I am confused.
Is it just personal "preference"? Or is it settled with a final answer that it is RIGHT to marry outside your nation.

And since Caucasians are already mixed (i.e. Irish with German, etc), and so are Asians and Negroes (within their "colour of skin"), there shouldn't be any line drawn between those three "races" either?

But what about all those "differences" between each cultures?

So basically, no matter what nation, race, or culture you are from, just follow the Bible.. and there you go, no problem will occur whatsoever?

I could be very "misinformed" in this issue, and I am definitely open for the final answer based on the Scripture.

Added:
Oh, and would this issue be a doctrinal issue?

Another addition:
So, say if parents don't want their kids to marry anyone outside of their nation, race, or culture, are they, therefore, being unreasonable and unbiblical? (Say the reason is because communication issues, not faith issue)

Thank you for taking time to respond!
.................................................. ....................
Here are my answers to your questions, kns215. It's how I see things, anyway.

kns215: Is it just personal "preference"? Or is it settled with a final answer that it is RIGHT to marry outside your nation.

It is personal preference because the scriptures, generally, and Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, specifically, do not address the issue. Therefore, if you, having a personal preference, which you have every right to, wish to use the scriptures to justify your personal opinion then you are wrong.

kns215: And since Caucasians are already mixed (i.e. Irish with German, etc), and so are Asians and Negroes (within their "colour of skin"), there shouldn't be any line drawn between those three "races" either?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Please forgive me if I misunderstand you: How many different races are you proposing to divide people up into? We might all have to become Mormons so we have the resources to research our family tree so we can have some hope of finding a genetically suitable mate. It becomes absurd when you think it through.

kns215: But what about all those "differences" between each cultures?

What about them? This is the personal preference/ personal choice thing we were discussing. Scripture has nothing to say about it. These are decisions that we can only make for ourselves and our children, perhaps, but certainly can't decide these matters for other people that we don't even know?

kns215: So basically, no matter what nation, race, or culture you are from, just follow the Bible.. and there you go, no problem will occur whatsoever?

The only scriptural consideration is if one is a christian Paul warns against becoming unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Race is not a consideration in any way, shape, or form. Of course, there are cultural and social considerations that each individual has to weigh for themselves.

kns215: I could be very "misinformed" in this issue, and I am definitely open for the final answer based on the Scripture.

No problem, kns215. We all have to have our minds renewed by God's Word. The lies of the world are not easy to get free from. I appreciate your honesty and willingness to search for the truth about this matter.

kns215: Oh, and would this issue be a doctrinal issue?

Interacial marriage is not a doctrinal issue.

kns215: So, say if parents don't want their kids to marry anyone outside of their nation, race, or culture, are they, therefore, being unreasonable and unbiblical? (Say the reason is because communication issues, not faith issue)

Whether such a position would be unreasonable is simply a matter of opinion. The position wouldn't be unbiblical unless the parents were trying to use scripture to back up their personal opinions in the sense that they were adding to the Word of God, trying to make the Bible say something it doesn't say.

I might add that Paul does say the saved out of all races are one in Christ Jesus during the gentile church age.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Paul also emphasizes that all nations are to receive blessing by faith through Abraham (the Jews). No one gentile nation is preferred over another.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

I hope this might help in some way.

Your sister,

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 06-03-2009 at 04:35 PM.