View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
they poorly translate Lucifer which really means light bearer as Bright morning star. which is the poorest form of scholarship I have ever witnessed. the translators of the 1611AV were man enough to admit translating the Hebrew word would be wrong so they just transliterated it into English which is a good rule to follow when a translation wont work or will cause confusion. in this case it confuses the person of Jesus Christ Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. with Lucifer, the Devil, who is Satan.
Thanks for your comments, chette777. Yes, I'd say that was sloppy scholarship on their part! Satan is the brains behind that one, no doubt.

I wish I would have clearly stated that verses 14:8-10 describe the Devil bound for 1000 years after which time he will be loosed for a short while. Revelation 20:1-2 gives an account of the same event.

KJV
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.