View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
The main thing I was going for with the Adam and Eve thing was this

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

No type is perfect, but the teaching is definitely there and Paul does compare Jesus to Adam, and I think it's clear from Gen 2 that being of one flesh and bones makes one married, so go blow it out your nose because I never said that the Church was taken out of His body.
I'm with you on this Bro. Kevin. The type still holds true:

Adam fell into a deep sleep when his rib was taken out of his side to make Eve (Genesis 2:21-23).

The second Adam, Jesus, fell into the "sleep of death" when a soldier pierced his side causing his blood to shed which was used to purchase the Church.

John 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: 34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.