View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM

Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Your guys' exposition of Matthew 22 is actually lacking because you make an exposition of it based on half of a sentence. It actually teaches that the Tribulation Saints are guests at the wedding feast, not a bride going to get married, so you guys can go eat a sock for saying I'm twisting the scriptures and inserting words when you're the ones who are.

Verses 3-6 are the Jews who rejected Jesus and crucified Him.

Verse 7 is the destruction of Jerusalem.

Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

The exact same thing happens in this passage.

Now in verse 8 it says the marriage is ready so this is obviously Rev 19. The servants go and gather guests who can obviously lose their salvation and their garments (Rev 16:15). You can read in Songs of Solomon and in Psalm 45 which are obviously types of the marriage of the Lamb that there are virgins who are guests.

Luk 12:35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
Luk 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Luk 12:38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

These guests are waiting to come in after the wedding is done to eat at a feast.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Notice a wedding happens first then a feast.

Verses 10-13 can either be Tribulation saints who were invited but lost their garment (Rev 16:15), or Satan who is bound and cast into the bottomless pit (Rev 20:1-3), or both.

In light of what I just wrote, Matthew 25 is apparent. The virgins are Tribulation saints (obviously), and according to Luke 12:35-38 they aren't waiting to get married but to go to a feast.