View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
One has to go no further than Genesis 2 to get the teaching. Adam is put to sleep and a woman is created out of him and is bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh. Jesus died to purchase a group of people that become bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.
Note: Any and all capitalizations are for emphasis. I don't shout nor engage in "flame" wars and don't mean to insinuate that I am flaming or shouting.

Kevin, this is a most unhealthy and untenable simile to point to of the Church being compared to Eve due to this:

Gen. 3:11 ¶ And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Wherein from Scripture do we, this "bride" who was NOT taken from Christ's Body but grafted into it, where do we cause Christ to apostasize and fall from God the Father's grace as did Adam's bride cause him to? I attended a Bride Baptist church after leaving the Church Of Christ, and if ever life imitates art then I was truly The Invisible Man of H.G. Well's novel and movies. every Wednesday night and every Sunday night I was there for two years and had on every attendance exploded, showering the pews with gore and body parts, I would not have been noticed, even after my wife volunteered and cleaned 9 of the church buses towards the end of our involvement. I reseached the movement("Old Lanmarkism) and can find no Scripture from J.M Pendleton or J.R. Graves for the need for a Church Letter, thought I consider Briders saved Christians and not cultic like COC or JWs.

Your reference is good Bride Baptist doctrine, it's not good Bible doctrine however. Scripture with Scripture, studying the similtudes and comparing precept with precept we see:

Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
Isa 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
Isa 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
Jer 2:32 Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number.
Jer 7:34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.
Jer 16:9 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride.
Jer 25:10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.
Jer 33:11 The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
Joe 2:16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Re 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Re 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Re 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

With all due respect to David Cloud, we can clearly see with no mystery from Scripture that the literal, flesh and bone Bride of the Lamb is the literal RESTORED ISRAEL, and this Bride is represented by the literal CITY of New Jerusalem as Israel's "adornments" and "jewels". Paul said he wanted to present us to Christ LIKE a bride("as"), that is "without spot or wrinkle", but he makes no reference that the Body of Christ is "A" bride or "THE" bride. It leaves future Israel out of the equation, and while the Pentecostals rob Israel of the promises and signs and gifts(and curses) here we have some fundamentalists robbing future and restored Israel of her status as the Bride of Christ

If Landmarkism is correct that means Christ has two brides, which the Scripture says nothing of, only ONE. So we are not Israel(as Catholicism and Protestantism claims), and we certainly are not a city, we are flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone NOW, and not future as the literal Scripture of Revelation declares this literal Bride to be. An unknown reference to this is in Rveleation, in that Christ the Body will marry Restored Israel, this reference is Revelation 1:6:

6 And hath made us kings(The Body) and priests(Restored Israel) unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Kevin, in Genesis 17 we see the advent of this future Bride:

7 ¶ And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

These two verses and this verse from Exodus cross refer beautifully to Revelation 1:6:

Ex 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

I have much experience dealing with Jesus Only-Oneness-William Branham Pentecostals and my first question is, in John 17 did Jesus pray to Himself? I ask of those who believe the Body of Christ is the "Bride", to what purpose is it for Jesus to marry Himself?

This sets off another Claymore mine teaching of mine: The false teaching we are a "priesthood of believers". I have identified the "priesthood" as future restored Israel, the "Bride" that will marry the Lamb, the KING, of whom every member of the present Body is a king(Rev. 1:6)

We are not "priests" of anything; we are part of the HIGH PRIESTS BODY (Hebrews 5:10, 6:20, 9:11).

Grace and peace to you Kevin, and to all.

Tony