Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
While I could always use a few extra dollars. I have always lived by faith. right now we are seeing God supply for our needs. I have been here since the 1997 with as little as $40 every two months. I came here on a twenty dollar promise. I never went hungry nor did my children ever do without. I have learned to be content in every situation of my life. no need for you to quote scriptures to me that I have learned in a very deep spritual and grace filled way.

I am hurt that you would liken me to Satan. to insult a brother like that is really uncalled for and immature.

My challenge was only an object lesson I did not expect you or Tim to ever respond to giving.

You made an interesting statement though, "Are we going to walk in His footsteps at all times while we walk in this grave of a body? I don't believe so." Now Paul teaches we are to follow Christ example at all times even in this body of flesh. footsteps equal example. you have made a division on what scriptures to follow and what scriptures not to follow for today. that is a form of rightly or wrongly dividing scripture or dispensationlism. very good very good. you do divide the scriptures when you want to, you are a dispensationlist.

you never answered the questions? nor did you share the context of Matthew 5:42. you only gave your private interpretation of what Jesus was teaching. no where in this scriputral context is Jesus teaching us follow in his footsteps or example. Your body or as you put it "in this grave of a body" is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

and as far as you knowing differntly as to my personal needs. You aren't hearing the Lord on that one. While most missionaries go off onto the field with 35,000 to 50,000 dollars a year. I went in to the field only on a $20 promise. I paid my own way here in 1997 we live on $5000 a year in gifts and support since 2001, only this year have we received more support. We are currently trusting the Lord to raise $7000 for a vehicle and we need it all by July 17th, 2008. I have a wife and three children and all I have is a honda C100 to get us all around on. right now the Lord has raised half of that. my daughter wants to continue her piano lessons which I had to stop do to lack of finances. so please give me some grace and I will do the same for you

Enough said then.

blessings
Man that really was bad taste on my part. PLEASE know, It was not my intention to liken you to the enemy. I was simply thinking of an example in Scripture when Christ was asked for something and gave in return the Word of God. If I've offended you, please forgive me. *sigh* Truly I need more grace sometimes than I think...

Know that I understand your financial struggles. I am very much so not well off. I don't even have transportation, I'm working every day so that I can (I hope) buy a used motorbike sometime in August (yes it is going to take that long to save for one). I've lived on less than 10,000 a year for many years now myself (granted i'm in America, and I have family that helps me) and only this year have I made progress in learning a trade. I just started as an apprentice carpenter and excavator operator this Febuary. This has all been the Lord's work. He has blessed me greatly in the last two years since I decided enough was enough, I'm living for Christ Jesus (He is so good to me...). My heart goes out to your children as you serve the Lord. But I have faith that all will be well for you and your family. Your reward and treasure are not in this world, but in the Kingdom of Christ Jesus. If you can give this hope to those little ones then you've given them more than any wealthy parent ever could.

By the way, I never said I didn't believe one must rightly divide the Word, I just don't agree with every method employed by dispensationalists in general.

Also, bro. Tim and myself responded the this way because we still think ALL of Christ's teachings are relevant for Christians today. If I knew you or knew someone that knew you, and was sure you were a) a brother in Christ, and b) in need, I would not even hesitate to send what I could to help you (which is not much). I get tears in my eyes now just thinking of all the brethren that truly need help. The work is great but the workers are so few...

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen